Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun at the Creek!

I took the boys to Arbor Hills Nature Preserve yesterday. It's got a playground, trails for walking, running, and cycling, blackland prairie, riparian forest, and upland forest. Amongst the riparian forest is a creek and Bryson loves it. We climb down some rocks to get to it and I finally let them play in it! The part that we were at is very shallow and you can see the bottom which is mainly pebbles, and rocks. I would say it is about 7 or 8 inches deep. The boys were playing with their buckets and shovels and stirred the water up a bit so it looked dirty but it is fairly clear hence why I let them play in it! I will have to admit I was still paranoid of seeing a snake or something because after all it is a riparian forest and we have seen snake skin on our numerous times of climbing down to the river. I have to keep telling myself they ARE boys and they like this stuff! Anyways they had so much fun getting wet and dirty. Bryson was having a grand time throwing rocks in the water!


Playing!

Kicking!

See the big rocks in the background!? That is what we climb down to get to the river.

Bryson had just thrown a rock here. Caleb playing with his bucket and shovel.

Dirty butt!! He would not let go of his bucket and shovel!

No comments: